Nomad Adventure - What to Expect
- We are open all year round, with the best time to visit for rafting during monsoon and our other activities are best all year! Rain or shine the temperature stays around 30 degrees.
- Sungai Kampar is graded II/III. This means the rapids are great for beginners and still provide a thrill for those with more experience. You will definitely get completely wet! Each raft will include one of our experienced guides.
- You won’t be able to take lots of belongings down the river with you, just your water bottle is needed. For rafting trips and other activities please do not wear jewelry or bring expensive accessories if they are not suitable for adventure activities, they might get damaged or lost!
Fitness level required/ swimming abilities/ activity intensities
- While you don’t need to be a high performing athlete, you will still need a base level of fitness and mobility to join our activities.
- Before you start any of our activities our guides will conduct a safety and activity briefing for you. You will be provided with all the knowledge and know-how needed to participate in our activities. During this safety briefing, you will be able to practice what you have learnt and build your confidence prior to the activity.
- After a safety briefing, you will be ready to travel to the activity location and start the activity. All our activities last around 2-3 hours and you will be provided with a local Malay style meal after the activity back at our camp. The meals are halal, if you have special dietary requirements please let us know.
- For full-day adventures, you will have a 2-hour break for lunch and to relax before the next activity.
- If the weather looks bad or it has been raining heavily, our experienced guides will be able to assess the conditions for your trip and will make any necessary adjustments to the timing of activity if they deem them required. If it is raining lightly we can still run trips of all kinds. If you are going rafting you will barely notice as you are on the river. It is very unlikely that we will cancel a trip due to bad weather. Often all that is needed is to delay the trip an hour or two.
- We require a deposit of 50% to confirm a booking. Prior to this deposit bookings are not considered confirmed yet. We require our guests to book and confirm their trips (with full payment) a minimum of 24 hours before the trip is set to run.